How to Use Pin on Google Maps
Pins are an important feature of Google Maps. Pinning something means you can drop a marker on the map to show where you want to go or what you want to find.
Pinning is also possible in desktop and mobile versions of Google Maps, which makes it easy to drop pin anything from your current location to a specific address.
Pins are very helpful for planning trips with family members, searching for addresses, or adding reminders that will pop up later when you’re near them. Below we’ll discuss how pins work on google maps!
Do you find yourself going to the same places or taking similar routes over and over? Using Maps’ often overlooked trip pinning feature, you can save time. You may use it to store frequent trips and then quickly access them for on-demand, hassle-free navigation whenever you need it.
You can pin a trip from a couple different places within the Android Maps app:
- When you’re searching for a specific destination within the Maps app, look for the Pin command at the bottom of the screen after you’ve tapped the button to bring up directions.
- From the main Maps screen, tap the Go tab at the bottom and then look at the app’s suggested places based on your recent activity. If you see the trip you want there, tap the pushpin icon alongside it to pin it.
Which ever road you take, everything you’ve pinned will always appear at the top of the app’s Go tab from then on out—and starting a new navigation to that destination will only be one more tap from there.
How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps Mobile
- Open the Google Maps app.
- After that, simply search for the ideal pin spot on the map or scroll around until you discover it.
- To drop the pin, long-press on the screen in the desired location.
- The address or coordinates will pop up at the bottom of the screen.
- To access the additional information, see directions, add labels, and so on, simply click on the location.
- Open the Google Maps app.
- Select a location by inputting an address or moving around the map until you find what you’re looking for.
- Long-press on the screen to drop a pin.
- The address or location will pop up at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the location to share it, save it, add a label to it, or get directions.
- Go to the Google Maps website.
- To drop a pin, left-click on it after picking the location where you’d want to put it.
- The icon will be replaced with a small grey pin, and a message box will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- If you click on the information box, a new panel will appear on the left side of the screen, which will contain more information and provide you with additional choices.
How to use a Dropped Pin for Directions
The ability of Google Maps to provide directions is unquestionably the most significant feature. If you’re not sure about the address of a certain place, dropped pins will help you out!
You have the option of using your dropped pin as a starting or ending point. There is no way to go from two dropped pins and get directions between them. Instead, you’ll need to put one pin, make a note of the address or coordinates, then drop a second one to use as your start point/endpoint.
Save a Pin Location
You may save the location of a pin to a list linked to your Google account. You can then use it on all of your devices.
By default, three pre-made lists are accessible:
- Want to go
- Starred locations.
To create new lists or modify existing ones, visit Your Places in the app’s main menu. Lists may be public or private, and they can be shared with certain other individuals. Group lists allows anybody to add pins to them as long as they are part of the group. This can be very useful for vacations or festivals!
How to drop a pin for your business location
To begin, double-check that the address you entered is correct and free of superfluous information, as described in Google`s entry requirements
If you’re having trouble finding your business’s address because it doesn’t have a street number or you’re certain that you’ve entered it correctly but the system still can’t find it, follow these steps to pin your company’s location directly on the map:
- Sign into Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you’d like to manage.
- Click the Address icon field and check that your address is correct in the window that appears.
- On the right side of the window, you’ll see a map with a red pin representing the middle of your business location. Drag the pin to your business location, using the + and – buttons at the bottom-right of the window to zoom in and out.
- Once you’re sure that you’ve accurately pinned the middle of your location, click Apply in the top-right corner of the page.
Edits pending review usually take 24-48 hours to be reviewed, but may sometimes take longer.
Pinning your location on Google Maps is a great way to make it easier for people to find you and visit.
Pinning can be especially useful if you’re not certain about the address of your business, don’t have a street number, or want to pin an exact point on the map that isn’t at one of those locations.
If there’s anything we’ve missed here or any other questions you may have after reading this article, please feel free to leave us a comment or contact us directly!
SEO Lover, my motto is Action Over Words.